There is nothing like having a Priest pull up your profile and then post it saying you aren’t Catholic because you love Zen to get one thinking about books to read or reread and all the reasons I love Zen. I think Richard Rohr captures it best.
- McDaniel, Richard. Catholicism and Zen, 2013
- Macinnes, Elaine. Zen Contemplation for Christians, 2003.
- Macinnes, Elaine. The Flowing Bridge: Guidance on Beginning Zen Koans, 2007.
- Kennedy, Robert. Zen Spirit, Christian Sprit: The Place of Zen in Christian Life, 1995.
- Chetwynd, Tom. Zen and the Kingdom of Heaven. Boston: Wisdom Publications, 2001.
- Eusden, John Dykstra. Zen and Christian: The Journey Between. New York: Crossroad, 1981.
- Graham, Dom Aelred. Zen Catholicism. New York: Crossroad, 1999.
- Hackett, David G. The Silent Dialogue. New York: Continuum, 1996.
- Hart, Brother Patrick (ed). Thomas Merton/Monk: A Monastic Tribute. Kalamazoo, MI: Cistercian Publications, 1983.
- Inchausti, Robert. Thomas Merton’s American Prophecy. Albany: State University of New York Press, 1988.
- Lipski, Alexander. Thomas Merton and Asia: His Quest for Utopia. Kalamazoo: Cistercian Publications, 1983.
- Kadowaki, JK, SJ. Zen and the Bible: A Priest’s Experience. London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1982.
- http://www.kusala.org/buddhistcatholic/bccontent1.html (dialogues between Buddhism and Catholicism)
- http://www.whiterobedmonks.org/spirit.html (information on Zen Catholicism)
- http://www.innerexplorations.com/ewtext/east-wes.htm (West-East Contemplative Dialogue)
- http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/features2005/clarkolson_cathbuddh_feb05.asp (Catholicism and Buddhism)
- http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_19891015_meditazione-cristiana_en.html (Letter to the bishops of the Catholic church on some aspects of Christian meditation)